Important change from 1 July 2017
The digital duties form must be used for all contracts or agreements for land transfer duty in Victoria entered into on or after 1 July 2017.
This all-in-one digital form replaces the traditional, paper-based land transfer duty forms with a single, streamlined online process.
Our website contains comprehensive resources to help you complete a digital duties form for your transaction.
The PDF version of the declaration is still available to download for a limited time if your contract or agreement was entered into before 1 July 2017. However, for your convenience we strongly encourage you to use to the digital duties form.
This statutory declaration may be completed for transfers involving the sale/transfer of land or land use entitlements, entered into on or after 1 July 2012, where the transaction:
- Is for less than the unencumbered market value, and/or
- Is for less than the full interest, and/or
- Involves the transfer of goods with the property which are not included in the contract price, and/or
- Where an option has been granted in relation to the property
This form may also be used for the situations covered by Duties Form 1. However, if electing to use this form for these transactions, you will be asked to supply additional information.
Note: This form must be lodged electronically to the SRO. Paper-based submissions will be returned.
- Organisations must lodge this form via Duties Online
- Individuals must lodge this form via our public lodgement system