You will need a revised MPL certificate if the estimated cost of the development increases after you have received your MPL certificate but before you apply for a planning permit with the responsible or planning authority.
Note: your original MPL certificate expires 90 days after the date of issue. If your MPL certificate has expired, or you have already used your certificate to apply for a planning permit, you cannot apply to us for a revision of the original MPL certificate. You must reapply for a new certificate and pay the MPL again.
We will only issue a revised MPL certificate if you meet all of these conditions:
- Your MPL certificate has not expired,
- You have not lodged an application for a planning permit,
- You have submitted an application for a revised certificate with us, and
- We are satisfied that you have paid the whole amount of the MPL applicable
We may also issue a revised MPL certificate to correct any error in the information stated on the MPL certificate, including a correction if the estimated cost of the development stated in the MPL certificate issued by us is different from that stated in your MPL application but there has been no change in the estimated cost of development.
You may have to pay an additional MPL amount if the estimated cost of development has increased.
Your revised MPL certificate is valid for 90 days after the date of issue.
Gather required information
The following information is needed to apply for a revised Application for Metropolitan Planning Levy (MPL) Certificate, which must be accessed, completed and submitted online:
- The unique MPL application identifier that was issued to you after submitting your original application,
- Details of the business/person applying for the planning permit,
- Address and contact details, including email address,
- Land details to which the MPL and planning permit application relates,
- Land owner details,
- The original and revised estimated costs of your development, and
- The total MPL amount you have already paid
Note: please ensure that your email address is correct as we will send your MPL certificate to the email address you provide in your application.
Submit your application
To apply for a revised MPL certificate, please select the "Revised Certificate" option (under the "Certificate Application" page), and then complete all other relevant and mandatory sections.
Before you submit your application, you must declare the information you have given is true and complete.
A unique application identifier will be issued after submitting your application, along with our bank details for EFT payment. You will also be able to download a copy of your completed application for your records.
We will send you an email with a link to verify the email address you provided on your application. To protect your privacy, you must complete this step so that we can email your MPL certificate to you.
Next, you must pay any additional levy (if applicable) and obtain a revised MPL certificate from us before you can lodge your planning permit for the proposed development.