Prior 1 July 2012, if you acquired an interest, such as shares or units, in a company or unit trust scheme that is a land rich landholder, you may be liable for land rich duty.
The following information outlines the operation of the land rich duty provisions in respect of acquisitions of interests in land rich landholders that occurred prior to 1 July 2012. All references to the Duties Act 2000 are to the Act in force prior to 1 July 2012.
- Land rich landholders
- Land and other property
- Interests and acquisitions
- Exemptions and concessions
- Land rich relevant acquisitions
- Land rich lodgement obligations
- Land rich duty calculations
- Land rich trust registrations
- Land rich definitions
- Land rich archived rulings
Please note, the Section 80 Land Rich Acquisition Statement must be completed for relevant acquisitions of interests in land rich landholders (i.e. land rich private companies, private unit trust schemes or wholesale unit trust schemes) made up to and including 30 June 2012.