Businesses may be excluded from a grouping situation as a consequence of:
- Use of common employees,
- Commonly controlled businesses,
- Tracing, or
- Amalgamation of groups with common membership
There is no discretion to be excluded for businesses that are grouped as related corporations.
Generally, discretion to exclude will be satisfied if the:
- Relationship between the businesses is not continuous, active and significant, and
- Connections that exist between the businesses are merely casual or irregular
Gather required information
In addition to providing your basic employer contact details, you are required to address the questions (where applicable) outlined in the Application for Exclusion from Grouping Form 05 to help us to determine if an exclusion from grouping will be granted.
Your supporting evidence must show the businesses are run independently of each other. The application form contains specific instructions what is required but generally, the information you provide will consider the following factors:
- Trade between the businesses,
- Sharing of resources between the businesses,
- Common management of the businesses,
- Common financial arrangements between the businesses,
- Common customers of the businesses, and
- The extent of the connection between the business owners
You must also provide a copy of the relevant financial statements for each group member.
Complete your application
Print the application form and complete by hand in blue or black ballpoint pen, attaching all supporting information where applicable.
When you sign the application form, your signature must be witnessed by an authorised person such as a director or public officer.
Lodge your application
The signed application form must be lodged, with supporting documents, by mail:
State Revenue Office
GPO Box 1641
State Revenue Office
You will be notified that we have received your application and if further information is needed.
If you are unsatisfied with our decision, you can request in writing within 60 days for the decision to be referred for review to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal or appealed to the Supreme Court of Victoria.
If, at any time, you determine that an entity is no longer part of a group, you must make this change promptly in PTX Express.