The Back to Work Scheme continues to provide employers with up to $11,000 for hiring and training eligible employees
Up to $15 million has been allocated for employers of dairy industry workers and retrenched automotive workers in Victoria.
A further $2 million has been made available for employers of unemployed people living in the Latrobe Valley and retrenched workers from the Hazelwood power station.
The broader Back to Work Scheme was fully subscribed on 18 July 2016 for all other employee categories.
What amount can you claim?
Claims for the following categories will remain open until the $15 million fund is fully subscribed or 30 June 2018 (whichever occurs first):
- Dairy industry workers ($5000)
- Retrenched automotive workers ($7000)
Claims will remain open until the $2 million fund is fully subscribed or 30 June 2018 (whichever occurs first) for:
- Unemployed people living in the Latrobe Valley ($5000)
- Retrenched workers from the Hazelwood power station ($5000)
An additional amount of up to $4000 is available to employers who provide accredited training to these eligible employees.
Note: all Back to Work payments do not include GST.
See full details of claim amounts for closed employee categories in our FAQs.
The second instalment payment is available to an eligible employer who received a first instalment payment for their eligible employee.
The second instalment is payable nine months from the lodgement of the first instalment claim, provided the eligible employee has been continuously employed.
All claims for a second instalment payment have closed, excluding the categories of:
- Dairy industry workers and retrenched automotive workers hired from 1 July 2016, and
- Unemployed people living in the Latrobe Valley and retrenched workers from the Hazelwood power station hired from 1 January 2017
Are you eligible?
All employers who hire an eligible employee into an ongoing full-time or part-time Victorian job are eligible, except for:
- An employer with a poor workplace safety record,
- A recent employer of the eligible employee, and
- Municipal councils and other public, local or government bodies
Claim your payment
Claiming your payment is quick and easy for employers who have hired an eligible employee into an ongoing full-time or part-time Victorian job.