This measure was announced on 24 July 2020.
The Victorian Government has waived the commercial passenger vehicle service levy for the 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020 quarter as part of its coronavirus relief support measures.
You must still lodge a return for the quarter.
If you have already lodged and paid your levy for the quarter, you can now claim a refund.
Larger booking service providers must sign an agreement with the Department of Transport agreeing to fully return the levy to drivers before they can access this relief. The Department of Transport will contact these businesses directly.
If you have already paid your levy for the 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020 quarter, this is how you claim your refund:
- Log in to the CPVSL portal.
- Select ‘Apply for refund’ in the menu on the left hand side of the screen.
- If you are registered for more than one type of service, you will see an ‘Apply for refund’ button for each service. You need to submit separate refund applications for each service. For example, if you run a booking service and a rank and hail service you need to lodge two separate refund applications.
- On the next ‘Submit refund claim’ page, check the declaration boxes, and then fill in your bank account details, ensuring the account name, BSB number and account number are accurate.
- Select the blue ‘Submit’ button.
After completing these steps, you will see a screen confirming your application has been submitted. We will process your refund and deposit it into your bank account within 15 business days.
The State Revenue Office is managing refunds for the final quarter of 2019-20, but there are other government relief measures listed on the Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria website.