Applications for 2020 land tax relief for landlords and commercial owner-occupiers closed on 31 March 2021.
We may accept a late application if we are satisfied that you could not reasonably have applied before the closing date for reasons beyond your control. Late applications must be lodged by 30 September 2021.
If you lodge a late application, you must include your reasons for not lodging your application by the closing date along with relevant supporting evidence. Reasons beyond your control may include (depending always upon the individual case):
- Where your rent relief agreement is pending the outcome of a formal dispute resolution process (such as a mediation with the Small Business Commissioner or a proceeding at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal).
- Where you have not received your 2020 land tax assessment.
- Where you were unable to lodge your application by 31 March 2021 due to:
- Fires, floods or other natural disasters.
- Unavailability of key personnel due to sudden resignation, ill-health or death.
- Computer system breakdowns, including third party systems.
You can lodge a late application using the SmartForm below.