When we write to you informing you of an ongoing principal place of residence (PPR) investigation into land you own can, we will ask you for specific information.
Your cooperation and assistance will help us complete the investigation as quickly as possible, and may also help reduce any penalties which may be imposed as a result of the investigation.
Identify your State Revenue Office contact
The letter we send you will include the name of the investigator responsible for your matter, their contact details and our investigation case (IC) reference number for your matter.
If you have any questions, please use these contact details and whenever you contact us, quote our investigation case reference number.
Gather required information
Your letter will outline any specific requests, but generally you will be asked to provide:
- Your current residential address, postal address, email and contact number.
- For the period under investigation, a list of all other Victorian land you own or owned, especially if we have not identified this property, including:
- the names of any other owners,
- the sale and purchase settlement dates,
- whether you hold the land on trust.
- Details of the trust arrangement if the land was held on trust.
- Details of how the lands were and are used, including:
- whether you lived at any of the properties and what dates you lived there,
- whether the land was used for any other activities, with relevant dates,
- the dates for when any property was leased and details of the lease(s)
- Supporting evidence for any claims you make, including:
- contracts of sale or transfer documents for each property,
- utility bills,
- bank statements,
- trust deeds and documents.
- Any additional information you feel would help resolve this matter.
Lodge your response
You can respond to our letter by mail, email or online. Please respond by the due date detailed in your letter using one or a combination of the following options to provide hardcopy documents and/or electronic copies of your evidence.
You should quote our investigations case reference number in any correspondence.
If you are lodging all or some of your response by mail, please send to:
State Revenue Office
GPO Box 1641
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
State Revenue Office
If you are lodging all or some of your response by email, please use the investigator email address listed at the top of your investigation letter.
Please use this option to provide us with any supporting evidence in an electronic format.
If your investigation letter gives you the option to respond online, please follow the prompts on screen to complete lodgement. If some of your supporting evidence is not in an electronic format, please send the hardcopies by mail.
If you have any questions about how to supply your evidence, please contact the investigator named in your letter.
Your response will form part of the investigation into the land you own. We will contact you if we require more information and will write to you when the investigation is finalised.