A $1 levy now applies to every taxi and hire car trip, including ride share, originating in Victoria.
To help you register and pay the levy each quarter, we have a range of resources on our website, including:
- An online tool you can use to help you determine if you need to register for the levy.
- Videos explaining the levy and registration process.
- Answers to frequently asked questions.
- A fact sheet.
- Information in languages other than English.
Taxi and hire car businesses, including ride share, must register online by 30 September 2018. Registration takes just five minutes.
Only register for the category or categories of services you provide. You need to submit quarterly returns for each category you select. Read our instructions before registering.
This month, we are also travelling to regional Victoria, answering your questions about the trip levy and helping you with registration.
We are visiting Ballarat, Warrnambool, Geelong, Mildura, Wodonga, Echuca and surrounding towns and are more than happy to meet with anyone in the taxi and hire car, including ride share, industry to discuss the trip levy.
We are meeting with the Victorian Taxi Association (member only meetings) in:
- Traralgon on Tuesday 7 August 2018
- Shepparton on Tuesday 14 August 2018
- Hamilton on Tuesday 21 August 2018
To arrange a date and time for us to come and chat, send an email to email@example.com or contact Brett Anderson on 0408 355 075 or Catherine Smartt on 03 9628 6872 from our Customer Education Unit.