Skip to main content Skip to home page

Published on 09 June 2020

In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Victorian Government has extended its land tax relief to landlords of eligible licensed pubs, clubs and restaurants.

Eligibility criteria specific to this extension of the land tax relief are that:

  • A tenant must operate a licensed pub, club or restaurant under a general, full club or on-premises liquor licence as a commercial tenant.
  • The tenant’s turnover at that premises must have reduced by at least 30% since March 2020.
  • At the premises level, the tenant’s turnover must have been no greater than $50 million in the 2018-19 financial year, or their expected turnover in 2019-20 financial year must be less than $50 million.

Am I eligible for land tax relief due to coronavirus?

Apply for coronavirus land tax relief

Frequently asked questions

The Business Victoria website also has more information about support initiatives for licensed pubs, clubs and restaurants.

Last modified: 10 June 2020
Back to top