Land Use Victoria has mandated that all transactions, with limited exceptions, must be lodged and managed online from 1 August 2019, including complex transactions.
To meet this requirement, we have now enhanced Duties Online so that from today, Monday 17 June, you can settle and lodge complex land transfer transactions as well as the transactions you currently manage electronically.
We have updated Duties Online related web pages and created new resources to assist you, including:
- New frequently asked questions about complex transactions based on your feedback
- A new lodgement checklist to help you determine how to lodge and settle your transaction
- An updated Evidentiary Requirements Manual
- Recorded webinars on our GoToWebinar Channel as well as a calendar of live webinars
Settling complex transactions online will:
- Mean duty is calculated prior to settlement for all electronic transfers
- Align settlements so that complex and non-complex transactions can be managed online
- Increase data security
- Ensure information is viewed and agreed to by all parties before settlement