Our Annual Review 2017-18 outlines our highlights and achievements as we worked to provide the most efficient and effective revenue services for the benefit of all Victorians.
In 2017-18, we:
- Collected over $18.5 billion in revenue.
- Distributed $165.5m in grants, including to first home owners.
- Returned $17.82m of unclaimed money to rightful owners.
The revenue we collect funds hospitals, police, schools, parks, public transport, roads and other infrastructure across metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Given we operate within a busy, tax technical environment and have a large customer base we are proud that our customer satisfaction rating remained a high 96 per cent.
While calls to our customer contact centre increased by 18 per cent to 376,366, customers are increasingly going online to find the information they want, with the number of website page views increasing 112 per cent from the previous year to more than 49 million views.
Supported by our digital strategy, we are continuing to streamline customer processes and build high quality digital services.
Our Annual Review provides a variety of information and statistics about our work, including a look at an average day in 2017-18 (averaged over 365 days) during which we:
- Collected $50,684,930 in revenue.
- Reunited $48,822 of unclaimed money with its rightful owners.
- Issued 1052 land tax assessments.
- Answered 1031 phone calls.
- Paid 38 grants to first home buyers.
- Conducted 24 investigations, finding revenue of $1,271,795.
Read the full story in our Annual Review 2017-18.