This article is more than 1 year old
Published on 09 June 2020
From Monday 22 June 2020, assessing land transfers in Duties Online will be quicker and easier than ever before.
With data from the Digital Duties Form now pre-populating in Duties Online, we are reducing the current seven step process to a single step. Once the Digital Duties Form is linked to your lodgement, you will simply select ‘Calculate duty’ to get an estimate and duty verification.
Duties Online will also be able to assess the duty on another 10 types of complex lodgements, meaning they no longer have to be submitted for assessment 30 days before the scheduled settlement:
- Historical contracts
- More than two transferees – pensioner
- More than two transferees – change in manner of holding
- More than two transferees – foreign purchaser additional duty exemption
- Sub sales related (contract of sale between related parties)
- Related parties transactions with concessions
- Unrelated parties (no contract of sale)
- Multiple property types in the same transfer
- Principal place of residence applied where there are multiple properties (Complex transactions only)
Watch a demonstration of the streamlined Duties Online process for system assessed transactions or register for one of our Duties Online webinars.
Simplifying complex lodgements
We are also streamlining the process for the remaining complex lodgement types, removing five steps in Duties Online.
Once the Digital Duties Form is linked, simply upload supporting documentation and submit your lodgement at least 30 days before the scheduled settlement.
Watch a demonstration of the streamlined Duties Online process for complex lodgements or or register for one of our Duties Online webinars.