Returns and payment are due within 30 days of the end of each month. You must submit a return even if no tax is payable for the month.
You must register with us before you can lodge a return.
The return requires details of your wagering and betting activity during the month, including the total dollar value of:
- Fixed odds bets (bets placed at a fixed price or bets which derive their dividends from a totalisator)
- Free bets
- Simulated racing bets
- Payouts and winnings
Totalisator and betting agent bets
- Commissions received and fractions retained
Betting exchange bets
- Commissions received
If you are lodging a return on behalf of a group, you must provide this information for each group member.
Use your username and password to log in to the online portal.
Lodge your return
- Select the ‘Lodge’ button in the ‘Action’ column of the Returns Summary table
(Returns must be lodged in chronological order, so only one ‘Lodge’ button will be displayed even if there are multiple returns outstanding)
- Read and complete the declaration
- Enter your total wagering and betting activity for the month
(If you are lodging on behalf of a group, you will need to complete this section for each member of the group)
- Select ‘Lodge’
Pay the tax
To print a receipt:
- Log in to the online portal
- Select the relevant return in the ‘Period’ column of the Returns summary table
- Select ‘View receipt’
- Select ‘Print’