Our people are our greatest asset, so recruiting and retaining the right candidate is very important.
We require a broad range of skills for the activities we undertake and therefore there is more than one type of person we seek to employ. For example, for our policy roles we need analytical thinkers to interpret complex legislative documents, and for our tax education roles we need dynamic presenters to deliver seminars to the public.
We expect our staff to be committed to our success and demonstrate behaviours that reflect high levels of personal contribution, accountability, teamwork and trust. To maintain the Victorian community's confidence, all our employees must champion our corporate values.
Our corporate values
- Respect - Treating colleagues and members of the Victorian community fairly and objectively.
- Integrity - Being honest, open and transparent in all dealings and striving to earn and sustain public trust of a high level.
- Accountability - Accepting responsibility for our decisions/actions and presenting work for appropriate scrutiny.
- Responsiveness - Providing high-quality service and frank, impartial and timely advice to the Victorian community and government departments.
- Innovation - Generating new ideas and ways of doing things, reflecting on experience and being open to new ways to improve practice.
- Leadership - Demonstrating leadership by actively implementing, promoting and supporting the Victorian Public Sector (VPS) values.
- Human rights - respecting and promoting the human rights set out in the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 by making decisions and providing advice consistent with human rights, and actively implementing, promoting and supporting human rights.
By recruiting staff with these values, we ensure our people interact in a positive and integrated manner and work towards a common goal.
If you have a passion for excellence and have personal integrity, can exercise good judgement and want to make a difference, search our current vacancies.