Fire services property levy calculator
This calculator estimates the fire services property levy that you contribute for your property.
Before you start
You need to know:
- Whether your property is serviced by the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) or the Country Fire Authority (CFA).
- The financial year for which you want to calculate the levy.
- Your property classification code (shown on your rate notice).
- Your capital improved value (shown on your rate notice).
Different rates apply, depending on whether your area is serviced by the Metropolitan Fire Brigade or the Country Fire Authority..
Property use classification
This describes the primary use of your land and each classification has its own rate. There are six property classifications:
- residential (including residential vacant land),
- industrial (also includes infrastructure and extractive properties),
- primary production,
- public benefit, and
- vacant (excluding residential vacant land).
The land use classification for your property is on your rate notice (or the levy assessment notice issued to non-rateable property owners).
Capital improved value
The capital improved value is the value of your land, buildings and any other capital improvements made to the property. It is determined by the general valuation process and displayed on your council rate notice.
Terms and conditions
- This calculator may only be used for reference purposes.
- While the State Revenue Office (SRO) makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the automatic calculations provided in this service, you will acknowledge that there may be instances where the SRO is required to recalculate the figures submitted for assessment.
- These terms and conditions of use should be read in conjunction with the disclaimer contained on the website.
- There may be certain components in the calculator which may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by the SRO or other third parties. No licence is granted in respect of these intellectual property rights.
- Any copies of the information, products, technology or processes must retain copyright and other intellectual property notices contained in the original material.
While the SRO makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information, products, technology or processes contained in this web site, the information, products, technology or processes should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for formal advice from the originating bodies or departments.
The information, products, technology or processes on the SRO website are provided on the basis that all persons accessing the site undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content, usage and result.
The use of or reliance on the information, products, technology or processes are subject to other terms and conditions to be found on this website.
The SRO, its employees and agents will not be responsible for any direct or indirect loss, howsoever caused or arising from the use of, or reliance on the information, products, technology or processes. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any information, products, technology, processes or services which may appear on any linked web sites in the internet.