You must register with us if you own premises in the category 1 levy area containing or forming part of a car park. If there are several owners, only one owner needs to submit a form on behalf of all owners.
Note: To avoid penalties, the operator of a public car park must register within one month of becoming the operator.
Gather required details
You need the following information to complete the Application for registration as an owner or operator of a car park for Congestion Levy, but refer to the form for specific instructions:
- Business details, including trading name, ABN/ACN and SRO customer number.
- Details of any other owner/s of the car park space/s.
- Representative details, such as your accountant, if applicable.
- Nominated car park operator, if applicable, to receive your annual return and assessment.
- Address details of any premises containing a car park space, the size of each space, when it commenced as a car park and the nominated car park operator, if applicable.
Complete your form
Your registration form can be completed online.
Please contact us if you have questions about registering.
Lodge your form
Your registration form can be lodged online.
After registering, you will receive an annual return from us each November. You must complete the return and send it back to us by 21 January the following year so we can calculate your assessment, which we send in mid-March.
If you sell a car park or a property to which parking spaces are attached or associated, you need to change your details within one month of settlement.
If you sell the premises during an assessment year, you are still liable for the levy for that assessment year as you owned or operated the premises to which parking spaces were attached or associated on 1 January of the assessment year.