You are here
Sections: s27

Lodgement category: ELM


Partition of jointly owned land in Victoria. 


Note: All the transfers of land and other documents relating to the partition must be lodged together.

  1. Use the digital duties form for all contracts or agreements entered into on or after 1 July 2017.
  2. Copies of parent titles prior to subdivision.
  3. The plan of subdivision, if applicable.
  4. Any partition agreement made between the parties.
  5. A statutory declaration setting out the facts relating to the partition of the property between the parties.
  6. Evidence of the value of each property by one of these methods:
    1. A letter of appraisal from a licensed real estate agent and a copy of the rate notice.
    2. A valuation from a certified practicing valuer who is a member of the Australian Property Institute (API) or by a member of the Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV) with sworn valuer accreditation.
    3. Where a letter of appraisal or sworn valuation could not be obtained, a completed SRO Duties Form 3 (Real property value statutory declaration). This form requires an explanation of the steps taken to obtain an appraisal or valuation. 

See Revenue Ruling DA.017