Lodgement category: ELM
Partition of jointly owned land in Victoria.
Note: All the transfers of land and other documents relating to the partition must be lodged together.
- Use the digital duties form for all contracts or agreements entered into on or after 1 July 2017.
- Copies of parent titles prior to subdivision.
- The plan of subdivision, if applicable.
- Any partition agreement made between the parties.
- A statutory declaration setting out the facts relating to the partition of the property between the parties.
- Evidence of the value of each property by one of these methods:
- A letter of appraisal from a licensed real estate agent and a copy of the rate notice.
- A valuation from a certified practicing valuer who is a member of the Australian Property Institute (API) or by a member of the Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV) with sworn valuer accreditation.
- Where a letter of appraisal or sworn valuation could not be obtained, a completed SRO Duties Form 3 (Real property value statutory declaration). This form requires an explanation of the steps taken to obtain an appraisal or valuation.