Transfer of property from one superannuation fund to another
Lodgement category: Trust Exemptions and Concessions
Transfers between complying superannuation funds for no consideration.
This exemption does not apply to transfers between complying superannuation funds if a contract of sale was entered into or any consideration was paid.
- Use the Digital Duties Form.
- A brief explanation of the background to the transfer and the entitlements to be extinguished and created.
- Copies of the governing rules of the complying superannuation funds concerned.
- A statutory declaration from a trustee or a director of a corporate trustee of each of the superannuation funds concerned stating:
- The declarant is the trustee or director for the named fund.
- The subject property is an asset of the named transferor or transferee fund.
- The transfer is made from a complying superannuation fund or from a fund that was a complying superannuation fund within the 12-month period before the transfer was made.
- The transfer is made to a complying superannuation fund or to a superannuation fund that, in the opinion of the transferee trustee or a director, will be a complying superannuation fund within 12 months of the transfer occurring.
- The transfer occurs in connection with a person ceasing to be a member of, or otherwise ceasing to be entitled to benefits in respect of, the fund from which the property is transferred and the person becoming a member of, or otherwise becoming entitled to benefits in respect of, the fund to which the property is transferred.
- Whether any consideration has passed between the parties.
Lodge 30 days before settlement through Duties Online
Last modified: 12 December 2022