The growth areas infrastructure contribution (GAIC) is a contribution on certain land in the growth areas of metropolitan Melbourne. GAIC may apply if your land is in:
- Whittlesea, or
A GAIC certificate tells you of any GAIC liability attached to your land. It may contain the following information:
- Amount of GAIC due and unpaid.
- Amount of deferred GAIC, including interest.
- The amount of GAIC subject to a staged payment arrangement.
- Potential amount of GAIC if a proposed GAIC event occurred in respect of the land in the contribution area.
To apply for your certificate, you must complete and submit an application form online.
Prepare your information
The following information is required to complete the Application for Growth Areas Infrastructure Contribution Certificate (GAIC-Form-01), but please refer to the form for specific instructions:
- Your contact details including residential address, mailing address, phone number, email address and website (if applicable).
- Details of the land, including address, lot number, plan number and municipality.
- Confirmation whether the applicant has ownership (either full or part) in the land.
- If a GAIC event has or will occur, the type of GAIC event and the date it happened.
Please read our information on GAIC events.
Complete and submit your application
The GAIC application form is completed and submitted online.
Once you have provided all the relevant information, you must acknowledge the information you have provided is true and correct. To do this, you must provide:
- The name of signatory.
- Their position and organisation.
- Signature date stamp, which appears automatically when the information field is activated by clicking on the field.
The ‘Save for later’ button on the form allows you to save your form to complete at a later date.
We use all the information in the application to update our records and may pass the changes to other government agencies where we are authorised to do so.
GAIC Certificates are not issued for properties outside of the contribution area. Our forms do not allow submissions for properties that are not within one of these municipalities: Cardinia, Casey, Hume, Melton, Mitchell, Whittlesea, or Wyndham.
If you have trouble submitting your application form, please contact our GAIC team on 13 21 61 or contact us online.
Attach supporting documents
Please ensure all relevant documents are attached via the online process and submitted electronically with your application.
Download and save the receipt
After you submit your application, you will be directed to a receipt page.
Please note your receipt number (beginning with 'GAIC-Form-01') and quote it if you contact us about your application.
Please download and save a copy of your submission for your records.
We send the certificate to the email address you provide in your application. The certificate will only list GAIC information that we have available at the time of issue.
Where your land is not subject to GAIC, you may receive a letter, rather than a certificate, confirming that no GAIC applies.