Check the guidelines
A subsidy is available to eligible liquor licensees.
The liquor subsidy guidelines provide a full summary of the requirements that must be met to receive the subsidy from the Victorian Government.
To claim a subsidy, you must as the licensee:
- Hold a current licence authorising the sales or uses claimed.
- Demonstrate the relevant Commonwealth wine tax or duty on the sale or use has been paid and that any rebate entitlement has been exhausted.
Gather supporting information
The following information is required to complete the Liquor Subsidy Claim Form-01, but please refer to the form for specific instructions:
- State licence number and valid ABN.
- Name, trading name and addresses of licensed premises.
- The month/quarter the claim relates to.
- Subsidy amount claimed in respect of low alcohol wine, cellar door and mail order sales, and applications to own use.
- Relevant financial institution details, including account name, BSB and account number.
If you are applying with special circumstances, you must provide evidence to support your claim.
Complete your claim form
While the application form can be completed online, it must be printed and signed before it is submitted to the State Revenue Office.
Lodge your claim form
Lodge your completed claim form and any supporting documents using one of these methods:
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line marked 'Claim for liquor subsidy'.
Returns and Entitlements Team
State Revenue Office
GPO Box 1641
Melbourne VIC 3001
Your records substantiating all claims must be kept for five years and be available for us to check on request.
For more information about WET, please contact the Australian Taxation Office.
If you have received a refund, reduction or credit in wine equalisation tax (WET) or excise in the relevant period, and that adjustment means the amount of your subsidy claim should be adjusted, check you have adjusted your subsidy claim accordingly. If you discover an error in a previous return that affects your claim for subsidy, you must adjust your claim accordingly.