If you are a licensed motor car trader (LMCT) or their agent and you change the use of a motor vehicle registered in your name (as a LMCT) from 'solely/primarily for the purpose of sale/demonstration' to another purpose, such as customer loan car or service vehicle, you must:
- Notify us of the change in use by lodging an application form,
- Pay the appropriate amount of duty.
You must do this within 14 days of the change of use. Motor vehicles include heavy trailers.
Gather required information
The following information, along with specific information within the form, is needed to complete the Change of Use of Motor Vehicle Notice Duties (Form 51):
- LMCT number, name of registered operator, ABN, and contact details.
- Vehicle registration, model, make, body type.
- Date of change of use, and the vehicle’s dutiable value at that time.
Complete the form
This application form is completed and lodged online.
Once you have lodged your application, you can download a receipt.
Lodge form and pay duty
You must lodge your form and pay duty within 14 days of the change of use or penalties may apply. You must pay your duty by electronic funds transfer (EFT), quoting the relevant vehicle registration number as the payment reference.
Make your payment to:
Bank: Westpac Banking Corp
You do not need to send us a copy of your online lodgement.