My Land Tax is an online application that enables you to manage your land tax information quickly and easily. You can use it to:
- view and pay assessments
- update property ownership information
- apply for land tax exemptions
- track the progress of enquiries
- update your contact details for land tax.
Register for My Land Tax
Registration takes only a few minutes. All you need is your:
- land tax assessment number
- customer number (this is on your assessment notice)
- date of birth
- email address.
If you are registering on behalf of a company or trust, you need your assessment number, customer number and either:
- the municipal property number of a property that you own (this is on your council rate notice and is sometimes referred to as property number or assessment number), or
- an amount paid towards a previous land tax assessment.
If you have already registered, you can log in using your email address and password.
If you have received a land tax assessment for the first time, it could be because:
- You became the owner of taxable land, such as an investment property or holiday home.
- The total taxable (site) value of all your taxable land increased to meet or exceed the $300,000 threshold ($25,000 threshold for trusts).
- Land previously exempt from land tax is no longer exempt.
We are always looking for ways to improve our systems to provide our customers with the best experience.
Help us improve My Land Tax by answering a few questions about your experience using the system via our short survey.
The survey will ask a series of questions about how you found navigating through the My Land Tax platform, rather than specific questions about land tax.