Published on 27 June 2023
The State Taxation Acts Amendment Act 2023 received Royal Assent on 27 June 2023.
The Act introduces measures announced in the 2023–24 Victorian Budget, including:
- a new duty exemption for a transfer of land from an immediate family member to a person with a disability
- an increase to the property value thresholds for pensioner and concession cardholder duty exemption and concession
- a temporary land tax surcharge from the 2024 land tax year
- an increase to the absentee owner surcharge rate from 2% to 4%
- a temporary payroll tax surcharge to employers who pay Australia wide wages of $10 million or more
The Act also makes amendments to various state taxation acts.