Building surveyors are required to notify us within 14 days of receiving a building permit application for land that may be subject to the Growth Areas Infrastructure Contribution (GAIC). This is land located in:
- Whittlesea, and
You are not required to notify us if the application relates to:
- Demolition of a building or part of a building.
- Construction of a single dwelling.
- Repair or reinstatement of an existing building.
- Any other building with a value less than the indexed threshold, which in 2021-22 is $1,250,510.
To notify us, you must complete an online GAIC notification.
Gather your information
The following information is required to complete a GAIC Notification of a Building Permit Application (GAIC-Form-03), but refer to the form for specific instructions:
- Applicant and/or representative details.
- Details of the land.
- Cost of building work (contract price).
- Stage of building work.
- Lodging party details.
- Building permit application details.
- Nature of building work and proposed use of the building.
Complete your application
The GAIC application is completed and submitted online.
Once you have provided all the relevant information, you must acknowledge the information you have provided is true and correct. To do this, you must provide:
- The name of the signatory.
- Their position and organisation.
- Signature date stamp (this appears automatically when the information field is activated).
The ‘save for later’ button on the form allows you to save your form to complete at a later date.
Once you have submitted your form, you have the opportunity to download a copy for your records.
We use all the information in the application to update our records and, where authorised to do so, may pass on the changes to other government agencies.
If you have trouble submitting the form, please contact our GAIC team on (+61) 03 9628 0049.
Attach supporting documents
When you submit this application, you will be redirected to another page to attach supporting documentation, if applicable.
Please ensure all relevant supporting documentation is attached via the online process and submitted electronically with your application.
Download and save your receipt
After you submit your application you will be directed to a receipt page. Note your receipt number (beginning with 'GAIC-Form-03') and quote this number if you contact us about your notification.
Please save a copy of your receipt for your records and as proof of your notification.
For some building permit applications, GAIC must be paid before a building permit is issued for building works if liability to pay GAIC arises upon making an application.
An exception to this is where a separate application is made and approved for a GAIC staged payment arrangement.