If you have received an overdue land tax notice, you can:
- Pay your overdue land tax in full immediately.
- Set up a payment plan using AutoPay, or call us on 13 21 61.
- Amend your assessment if the notice is incorrect.
What you should know about your overdue land tax debt:
If you fail to pay in full, we may:
- apply late payment interest to your debt until full payment is received
- refer your debt to a collection agency
- place a statutory charge against any of the assessed properties
- issue a default demand to the mortgagee of any of the assessed properties (your financial institution may charge you a fee for this service)
- initiate legal action in the Magistrates’ Court or Supreme Court. Such action may adversely affect your credit rating.