To avoid a tax default, penalty tax and interest, duty under the lease provisions must be paid within 30 days of a dutiable transaction.
You can lodge a dutiable lease, transfer, assignment or surrender of lease by email or post. Do not lodge lease matters via Duties Online as all lease matters are dealt with by our Landholder Acquisition Branch.
Payments can be made by either EFT or cheque.
Gather your documents and information
- A copy of your lease, transfer of lease, assignment of lease or surrender of lease, including any supporting documents and copies of contracts. Please do not send the original documents.
- A cheque for the duty amount if you are not paying by EFT. If paying by EFT, please quote code 'LAB' and the payer's name as the relevant payment reference number
Lodge your documents
You can lodge your documents by email or post. In your covering email or letter, please include the amount and date of any payments of duty made to us for your matter.
Landholder Acquisitions Branch
State Revenue Office
GPO Box 1641
Melbourne VIC 3001
Pay your duty
You can pay your duty by cheque or transfer your payment to us online directly from your cheque or savings account using these details:
- Bank: Westpac Banking Corporation
- Branch: Victorian Government, Level 10, 150 Collins Street Melbourne VIC 3000
- BSB: 033 222
- Account number: 170313
- Account name: SRO Document Assessing
For international transfers, you also need to quote our SWIFT code WPACAU2S.
Note: If you are seeking an arrangement to pay an overdue assessment by instalments, please apply for payment plan.