Skip to main content Skip to home page

If you have received an overdue land tax assessment notice, you can: 

  1. Pay your overdue land tax in full immediately.
  2. Within 14 days of receiving the notice, request a payment plan (includes interest charges) over a six month period by calling us on 13 21 61.
  3. For periods greater than six months (also including interest charges), complete an online application SmartForm for individuals or for businesses and organisations.
  4. Amend your assessment if the notice is incorrect.

If you fail to pay or make an arrangement to pay by instalments within 14 days, we will pursue the debt.

Until you pay, we may:

  • Continue to apply interest to your debt until full payment is received.
  • Refer your debt to a collection agency to demand payment.
  • Place a statutory charge against any of the assessed properties.
  • Issue a default demand to the mortgagee of any of the assessed properties (your financial institution may charge you a fee).
  • Initiate legal action in the Magistrates' Court or Supreme Court, which may adversely affect your credit rating.
Take a moment to tell us why. If you'd like a response to your feedback, please contact us online instead.
Back to top