Using this calculator
If you have approval from the Victorian Planning Authority to pay the Growth Areas Infrastructure Contribution (GAIC) under a staged payment arrangement, you need to pay interest on the total outstanding GAIC balance with each staged payment.
If you are making the first staged payment (Stage 1) you must contact us to calculate the interest that applies to your initial payment.
You can only use this calculator for payments made after your Stage 1 payment. For the proposed payment date it will calculate:
- interest that applies to the outstanding GAIC liability, and
- the total amount payable with your proposed staged payment.
These calculations are based on the:
- Total outstanding GAIC liability.
- Date the previous staged payment was made.
- Proposed staged payment amount — this can be the amount for a single stage or for multiple stages.
- Proposed payment date.
Interest is calculated using an annual rate that applies from 1 July of each financial year. Interest is charged daily, so changing your planned payment date can impact your entire staged payment arrangement. Use the calculator to check your interest and total payment on the day you plan to make your staged payment.
More information about staged payments
Calculate interest for your staged payment
Terms and conditions
- This calculator can only be used for reference purposes.
- While the State Revenue Office makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the automatic calculations provided in this service, you will acknowledge that there may be instances where the State Revenue Office is required to recalculate the figures submitted for assessment.
- Note that these terms and conditions of usage should be read in conjunction with the disclaimer.
- There may be certain components in the calculator that may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by the State Revenue Office or other third parties and no licence is granted in respect of these intellectual property rights.
- Any copies of the information, products, technology or processes must retain copyright and other intellectual property notices contained in the original material.
While the State Revenue Office makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information, products, technology or processes contained within this web site, the information, products, technology or processes should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for formal advice from the originating bodies or departments.
The information, products, technology or processes on the State Revenue Office website are provided on the basis that all persons accessing the site undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content, usage and result.
The use of or reliance on the information, products, technology or processes are subject to other terms and conditions found on this website.
The State Revenue Office, its employees and agents, will not be responsible for any direct or indirect loss, howsoever caused or arising from the use of, or reliance on the information, products, technology or processes. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any information, products, technology, processes or services which may appear on any linked websites on the internet.