This form can be used to lodge an objection to assessments or written decisions made by the Commissioner of State Revenue.
You can either complete this form or send us a letter. You only need to use one of these methods.
An objection is a formal avenue of dispute resolution requiring you to explain fully and in detail the grounds of your objection.
Land tax assessments
For land tax assessments, we may in some circumstances be able to amend your assessment without you having to object.
Requesting an amendment is a less formal process than an objection. The Land Tax Amendment Form (LTX-Form-11) can be used to:
- Update your postal address,
- Request an amendment to your assessment (if it relates to your principal place of residence, primary production land or land sold on or prior to midnight 31 December in the year preceding the assessment year), or
- Notify the Commissioner of State Revenue of errors and omissions in your assessment.
Vacant residential land tax assessments
You may need to request an amendment to your vacant residential land tax assessment. You can use our online portal if you need to:
- Update your contact details,
- Claim an exemption,
- Remove an exemption, and/or
- Notify us of additional vacant residential property you own within the specified council areas.
Land valuation objections
If you are objecting to the site value(s) of the property(s) shown in your land tax assessment, or the capital improved value(s) shown in your vacant residential land tax assessment, please use the Land Valuation Objection Form (LTX-Form-12E-SmartForm).
This form has now been merged with the Land Tax Objection Form (LTX Form 02B), and the application process moved online.
If you are objecting to the site value(s) of the property(s) shown in your land tax assessment, please use the Land Valuation Objection Form (LTX-Form-12E-SmartForm).