Skip to main content Go to home page

The Unclaimed Money Register is published online under the Unclaimed Money Act 2008. You can search the register for free and submit a complete application form to collect any unclaimed money that is legally yours. The unclaimed money application form is available within the register when you find and ‘claim’ an entitlement matching your search. Find out more about making your claim.

  1. The Victorian Unclaimed Money Register

    The records in the register include all funds lodged since 1 July 1997 equal to or greater than $20. Amounts lodged before 1 July 1997 are kept in hardcopy under the name of the lodging organisation.

    This register lists amounts of unclaimed money arising from an owner’s entitlement to share dividends, salaries and wages, rent and bonds, debentures and interest, and proceeds from a sale. Businesses, gaming venues and betting agencies also lodge unclaimed amounts with us. 

    The register does not hold:

    • Information relating to unclaimed money from lost bank accounts, shares (although it does hold dividends), investments and life insurance policies. The Australian Securities and Investments Commission website has a search facility for this type of unclaimed money. 
    • Information relating to unclaimed superannuation. While we previously administered unclaimed superannuation for entitlements payable before 1 July 2007, this responsibility was transferred to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) from 1 May 2011. Visit the ATO website for more information.

    Unclaimed money related to gaming and betting

    We receive unclaimed Tattersalls, Intralot and Tabcorp winnings and prizes for tickets purchased in Victoria if they have remained unclaimed for more than 12 months.

    To apply for unclaimed winnings or prizes, the ticket must have been bought in Victoria and be more than 12 months old and, in the case of Tattersalls and Intralot, not be on a registered card.

    For unclaimed money on a registered Tattersalls or Intralot card, or Tabcorp account, you must firstly contact the specific agency. If they advise that your amount has been referred to us, search for your unclaimed money in the register. If you find it, you can then apply.​

  2. Read our privacy policy

    We use the information you provide to check for any possible matches on the register. Any entitlements that match your search will be displayed in the search results. You must only claim entitlements which are legally yours.

    By accessing the register, you agree to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in our Information Privacy Policy.

  3. Agree to our terms and conditions

    By accessing this register, you agree that you will:

    • Only use the details on the register for the purpose of searching and claiming an amount listed on the register.
    • Comply with the privacy laws governing the use and disclosure of information you obtain from the register.
  4. Search the register

    To search the register, you must enter:

    • Your name or the company name for which you are searching the register.
    • The address that you believe the unclaimed money lodging organisation would have had on file for your name or the company name for which you are searching the register. Note, if you are entering a physical address, you only need to enter the street name, not the street type. For example, if you are searching for Boronia Court, you need only select ‘street’ from the ‘address’ drop down box, and then type ‘Boronia’ into the ‘street name’ field next to it. 
    • The post code of the address you have entered.

    Please note:

    1. For each combination of name and address, you will need to start a new search. For example, if John Smith currently lives in Narre Warren and previously lived at an address in Berwick, he will need to do two searches: one search using his name and current address and a separate search using his name and previous address.
    2. In the case of deceased estates, entitlements may be held under the executor’s or solicitor’s address.
    3. You must only claim entitlements that are legally yours.


    You must tick the box below before searching the register. 

      I have read the above information and agree to the terms and conditions (please tick).


Last modified: 30 January 2024

News and updates

Back to top