You are here
Published on 22 October 2018

Homes left unoccupied for more than six months a year, which are located in 16 specified council areas, attract vacant residential land tax.

If you own a property in one of these council areas and it will be unoccupied for six months or more in 2018, you can notify us via our online portal. Notifications are due by 15 January 2019.

When using the portal to notify us about property that has been vacant in 2018, you should select 2019 as the tax year.

Understanding vacant residential land taxRegister for one of our interactive webinars with experts who can answer your questions about the tax, or visit our website for: