Skip to main content Go to home page


In the majority of cases, the bank or credit union that is providing your finance (see the list of approved agents) will lodge the First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) application form on your behalf. Make sure you check with them that they are lodging it for you. If you require the grant for settlement or first draw down/progress payment, you must lodge your application with an approved agent (the bank or credit union providing your finance). 

Only lodge your application with us if an approved agent is not lodging the FHOG application form on your behalf. Applicants can lodge an application for the First Home Owner Grant after taking possession of the home using our online portal.

If you are a conveyancer or other third party you must send us the original application form, which you download here, print and complete in blue or black ink, together with copies of all supporting documents. Applications cannot be lodged with us until after the completion of the eligible transaction.

Find out more about applying for the FHOG.

This form can only be used to apply for the First Home Owner Grant for contracts signed:

  • on or after 1 July 2013, or
  • on or before 30 June 2013 where the eligible transaction completes or settles on or after 1 July 2013.

Our lodgement guide must be read before completing the form.

Last modified: 19 December 2023
Back to top