Land tax calculator
Who can use this calculator?
- Corporate groups
- Joint ownerships
- Trusts assessed at general rates
- Unit and discretionary trusts for land used by a nominated PPR beneficiary
Joint owners and nominated or notified beneficiaries
- You have a notified beneficial interest in a fixed or unit trust.
- You are the nominated beneficiary of a discretionary trust.
- You own land with others.
In these situations, the calculation is only indicative of your liability.
Who can’t use this calculator?
- Trusts assessed at the trust surcharge rate.
- If you have to pay special land tax.
- If you are a club that pays land tax at the concessional tax rate.
- If you are a charity or municipal council being assessed on a single holding basis.
Before you start
You need to know the following:
- Which year you are calculating your estimated land tax for.
- The total value of all the taxable land you own for the relevant year as at midnight 31 December. We use site value (find the total taxable value on your land tax assessment notice).
- Your absentee owner status.
Use our calculator
Terms and conditions
- This calculator can only be used for reference purposes.
- While the State Revenue Office makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the automatic calculations provided in this service, you will acknowledge that there may be instances where the State Revenue Office is required to recalculate the figures submitted for assessment.
- Note that these terms and conditions of usage should be read in conjunction with the disclaimer on our website.
- There may be certain components in the calculator that may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by the State Revenue Office or other third parties and no licence is granted in respect of these intellectual property rights.
- Any copies of the information, products, technology or processes must retain copyright and other intellectual property notices contained in the original material.
While the State Revenue Office makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information, products, technology or processes contained within this web site, the information, products, technology or processes should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for formal advice from the originating bodies or departments.
The information, products, technology or processes on the State Revenue Office website are provided on the basis that all persons accessing the site undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content, usage and result.
The use of or reliance on the information, products, technology or processes are subject to other terms and conditions found on this website.
The State Revenue Office, its employees and agents, will not be responsible for any direct or indirect loss, howsoever caused or arising from the use of, or reliance on the information, products, technology or processes. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any information, products, technology, processes or services which may appear on any linked websites on the internet.