If you are an approved agent, you must lodge a return and pay livestock duty.
Returns must be lodged using the online SmartForm.
Your return and payment are due by the 21st of each month. For example, your July 2023 return is due by 21 August 2023.
You must lodge a return even if there is no duty payable for the month.
Gather required information
To complete your return, you must provide:
- customer name
- customer number
- the period covered by the return
- the number of cattle sold
- the number of cattle carcasses sold, separated into those weighing up to $250kg and those weighing more than $250kg
- the number of sheep and goats sold
- the number of sheep and goat carcasses sold
- the number of swine sold
- the number of swine carcasses sold.
2. Lodge return and make payment
Complete your return and pay your liability using the payment details that will be displayed onscreen.
You can pay by VISA, MasterCard, BPAY, or electronic funds transfer (EFT). Please use the payment reference shown onscreen to ensure your payment is allocated to the correct return.
A card payment fee of 0.45% applies to all credit card transactions.
Save a copy of your return
Once you have completed your return, you can download and save a copy for your records.
This copy includes the payment details in case you want to pay your duty after you have submitted your return. Remember, payment is due by the 21st of each month.