Pensioner land transfer (stamp) duty calculator
Eligible pension cardholders can claim a once-only exemption or concession from duty when they buy a property they intend to use as their principal place of residence.
This calculator works out the land transfer duty, often referred to as stamp duty, which applies when you buy a home by yourself or with another person, and claim the pensioner duty exemption or concession. It includes the principal place of residence concession, and foreign purchaser additional duty if it applies.
Note: Foreign purchaser additional duty may not apply when a foreign purchaser jointly purchases a principal place of residence with their pensioner spouse/partner. If you qualify for this exemption, you should not use this calculator.
You can use this calculator if one purchaser has an eligible pension card. If none of the purchasers holds an eligible pension card, use our land transfer duty calculator.
Before you start
You need these details to calculate your duty:
- Date of the contract,
- Each person's share in the property.
These figures, as they apply:
- For an established home, you need the dutiable value of the property, being the greater of the purchase price or the market value of the property.
- For an off-the-plan home, you need the contract price and the dutiable value of the property, including the off-the-plan concession (contact your vendor to get this value).
- For vacant land and when you are building a home on the land within three years, you need the dutiable value of the vacant land and the construction costs of your home.
Terms and conditions of use
- This calculator can only be used for reference purposes.
- While the State Revenue Office makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the automatic calculations provided, you will acknowledge that there may be instances where the State Revenue Office is required to recalculate the figures submitted for assessment.
- These terms and conditions of use should be read in conjunction with the disclaimer contained in the website.
- There may be certain components within the calculator that may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by the State Revenue Office or third parties. No licence is granted in respect of these intellectual property rights.
- Any copies of the information, products, technology or processes must retain copyright and other intellectual property notices contained within the original material.
While the State Revenue Office makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information, products, technology or processes contained on our website, the information, products, technology or processes should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for formal advice from the originating bodies or departments.
The information, products, technology or processes on the State Revenue Office's website are provided on the basis that all persons accessing the site take responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content, usage and result.
The use of or reliance on the information, products, technology or processes are subject to other terms and conditions found on our website.
The State Revenue Office, its employees and agents are not responsible for any direct or indirect loss, howsoever caused or arising from the use of, or reliance on this information and technology or these products or processes. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any information, products, technology, processes or services which may appear on websites linked to from our website.