You will need a revised Metropolitan Planning Levy certificate if the estimated cost of the development increases after you have received your certificate but before you apply for a planning permit with the responsible planning authority.
Your original certificate expires 90 days after the date of issue. If it has expired, or you have already used your certificate to apply for a planning permit, you cannot apply to us for a revision of the original certificate. You must reapply for a new certificate and pay the levy again.
We will only issue a revised certificate if you meet all these conditions:
- Your certificate has not expired,
- You have not lodged an application for a planning permit,
- You have submitted an application for a revised certificate with us, and
- We are satisfied that you have paid the whole amount of the applicable levy.
We can also issue a revised certificate to correct an error in the information on the certificate, including correcting the estimated cost of the development if it is different from the cost in your MPL application but there has been no change in the estimated cost of development.
You may have to pay an additional levy amount if the estimated cost of development has increased.
Your revised certificate is valid for 90 days after the date of issue.
Gather required information
To apply for a revised Application for Metropolitan Planning Levy (MPL) Certificate, which must be accessed, completed and submitted online, you will need:
- The unique MPL application identifier issued to you after submitting your original application,
- Details of the business/person applying for the planning permit,
- Address and contact details, including email address,
- Land details to which the certificate and planning permit application relates,
- Land owner details,
- The original and revised estimated costs of your development, and
- The total levy amount you have already paid.
Please ensure your email address is correct as we send your Metropolitan Planning Levy certificate to that address.
Submit your application
To apply for a revised MPL certificate, select the "Revised Certificate" option (under the "Certificate Application" page), and complete all other relevant and mandatory sections.
Before submitting your application, you must declare the information you have provided is true and complete.
Once you have submitted your application, you will be issued a unique application identifier and be provided with our bank details for EFT payment. You can also download a copy of your completed application for your records.
We send you an email with a link to verify the email address in your application. To protect your privacy, you must complete this step so that we can email the certificate to you.
You must then pay any additional levy, if applicable, and obtain a revised certificate from us before you can lodge your planning permit for the proposed development.