Declaration of trust over dutiable property
Sections: s7 (1)(b)(i)
Lodgement category: Complex declaration of trust over dutiable property
A declaration of trust relating to any identified property.
Lodge the following evidence for all transfers of land:
- A copy of the Certificate of Title and any other relevant agreement between the parties
- A statutory declaration by the trustee stating:
- the capacity of the person making the declaration
- the capacity in which that person now holds the property
- whether the declaration of trust involves any change in beneficial ownership
- the name of the person or entity for whom the trustee is acting
- details of all arrangements relating to the property and the basis upon which the trustee holds the property.
- Evidence of the value of the property via:
- a letter of appraisal from a licensed real estate agent and a copy of the rate notice, or
- a valuation from a certified practising valuer who is a member of the API or by a member of the REIV with sworn valuer accreditation.
- Any agreement or contract of sale between the parties.
Lodge through Duties Online within 30 days of execution
Lodge after settlement through Duties Online
Last modified: 29 November 2022